Friday, April 16, 2021

Lorelei's (First) Cast

Well. 

Clearly, I am both an alarmist AND dramatic, because I've posted no updates in 16 days about Lorelei and her arm. (Sorry about that!)

Here she is, April 1st, wearing her first cast:

You can't really tell, but her cast is sawed in half, and held together with plastic spacers wrapped in brown tape. The orthopedist at the ER manipulated her bone back into place (after she was sedated), and needed to cast it right away in order to keep the bone where he put it. Sawing the cast in half would accommodate any swelling in her arm after such a procedure.

The Lorelei arm saga is a long one, so I will save it for later (and because right now it's late and my contacts are super dry need to be taken out). Just know that Lorelei IS currently on the mend, and I will fill you in on all the details over the course of a few posts.

TGIF.

No comments: