Friday, October 30, 2020

Zeta Update #2

We’re still without power (it’s just after 7:30 p.m. Friday), and I just read on Mississippi Power’s website that they expect to restore power to Long Beach and Gulfport by midnight Monday, November 2nd. 

(The Seabee base is technically in Gulfport, but the western edge of the base is nearly in Long Beach.)

The kids took their first cold showers last night, and Ford was NOT mentally prepared. I told him he would take lots of cold showers at the Naval Academy, and that a cold shower is better than a scalding shower. He didn’t seem to appreciate my two cents.

(Speaking of cold showers, I’m currently mentally preparing for my own here in a little while.)

We’re still fine on food, but meals have started to get a little strange. I’m SO thankful we still have running water.

I’m also extremely thankful for the nice, cool weather that has allowed us to keep our windows open and not sweat to death with no power.

TGIF!

No comments: