Saturday, June 19, 2021

Artwork

A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of cleaning out her desk in preparation for the move, Lorelei came across some leftover art supplies from a project that she had already completed. 

She was going to throw the supplies away, but decided instead to gather Ford and Ruthie and have them use the supplies to make something.

Ford made a map:

And Ruthie created a scene with a dog (of course):

The BEST part of this was the three of them were quiet for over an hour while doing this. If you've ever visited, you know how loud it can get in this house, so I'll take the quiet when I can get it.

By the way, I do not keep such things -- if I kept every piece of artwork, I'd need a second house JUST for things created by the kids. I took a picture, put the pictures in the proper folders on my iPhone, and threw the pictures away. (Chet and I joke that throwing things away is my love language.)

No comments: