Sunday, January 23, 2022

Grocery Store Pictures

I could absolutely post about something more exciting, but seeing these pictures on my phone make me laugh, and I wanted to share.

Ruthie and I often go to the grocery store on base together 1-2 times per week after dropping off the other kids at Jiu Jitsu. (We do not live on the Navy base any more like we used to in Mississippi, nor do we live exceptionally close. But the kids' Jiu Jitsu gym is right across the street from the base -- I chose this gym for that very reason -- so I am still able to go to the best-priced grocery store without constantly having to go out of my way.)

Anyway, Ruthie loves to accompany me to the store, and often asks me questions like, "Mom, can we buy that [gigantic] bag of peanuts so we can attract elephants?" Sometimes I require her to play the quiet game so that I can think straight and get out of the store as quickly as possible.

One way to keep her quiet is to give her my phone so that she can take pictures. The rule is that she can take pictures of whatever she wants, except other people. She likes to zoom in on certain items, and sometimes chastises me for starting to push the buggy again before she has the chance to capture the perfect shot.

Here are some of her most artistic photos:



I also find quite a few pictures of myself that she took when I later go through my camera roll, but I shall not post those here.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: