Saturday, January 22, 2022

Happy New Year!

 It IS still the new year, right?!

My plan wasn't to let 22 days pass in January before blogging, especially since we've already celebrated two birthdays (Ford and Chet), Sydney got braces, and Sydney, Lorelei, and Ford started their basketball seasons. 

There's much to catch up on.

Speaking of basketball, Saturdays revolve around Sydney's Lorelei's, and Ford's basketball games until the end of February. The YMCA's basketball season is the entire month of January and February (I think the playoff games might be the first week of March -- if there even are playoff games). I'm very thankful for the YMCA's short sports seasons, and that they don't overlap with other sports put on by the YMCA, but we will be quite immersed in the sport of basketball for a while.

In addition to Saturday games, Sydney practices Monday nights at 7:30 p.m., and Ford and Lorelei practice Thursday nights at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., respectively.

This particular Saturday, Ford's game was at 9:00 a.m., Lorelei's game was at 1:00 p.m., and Sydney's game was at 6:00 p.m.

Ford's team and Sydney's teams won; Lorelei's team lost.

Just typing that made me ready for bed, and I didn't even play a single minute of basketball myself.

I was telling my dad how Sydney is almost as tall as I am, and I sent him a picture today as proof:

It is very cold here by the way. Not blizzard cold, but definitely Florida cold.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: