Thursday, February 6, 2020

Ford's Last Basketball Game

Ford's last basketball game was tonight (can I get a 'hallelujah'?!). He was in the starter league, which is a bunch of 5- and 6-year olds (some had turned 7 by this point), most of whom barely know what's going on.

There was, on average, 1.5 people per team who really knew what they were doing, and who therefore carried the team.

Ford's team won all but one game.

I'm glad he played this season...but I'm also glad it's over, ha!

At the very first parent meeting back in November, the man who runs the league said, "At the end of the season I'll buy the kids pizza and give them a trophy. In general, I'm not a believer in everyone getting a trophy, but we want the kids to be excited about the sport, and we want them to come back next year."

As soon as we left that practice/meeting, Ford said, "I can't WAIT to eat pizza and get my trophy!"

I told him he actually needed to play basketball first.




I hope you didn't miss the Mardis Gras tree in the background. This is south Mississippi, after all.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: