Sunday, September 27, 2020

Ford's Special Night

Tonight we held Ford's special night, of which I did not get a picture.

We attempted to play the advanced version of Ford's electronic Battleship game. (He bought the game for himself this spring.) Earlier this afternoon I tried to help Ford read and understand the directions, but my brain refused to process what I was reading. Thankfully, after reading the directions himself, Chet agreed that the advanced version was much too advanced for Ford -- or for he or I -- so I felt better about my brain's capabilities.

I happened to win the Battleship game, and while Ford was not an outright sore loser, he was a bit downtrodden while we were putting it back in the box. He requested we end the evening "with an easier game -- like 'Guess Who.'"

Chet and Ford each won a round of "Guess Who" (no one mentioned the term "kissy lips"), then Chet and Ford commenced hyperactively kicking each other like ninjas, which is every mother's dream in the minutes before bedtime.

It was a good "special night."

No comments: