Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye, 2020

Happy New Year's Eve!

Today Chet worked in the garage, the kids played outside, and I put away Christmas decorations (which had been removed from the downstairs on December 26th, but sat in piles in our bedroom until today).

Like so:
Because our room looked like the above picture for five days, once I put everything away Ruthie came in and said, "Wow, it's DIFFERENT in here!"

Ahem.

See that dresser and bedside table? I'm going to paint those tomorrow. Well, I'm at least going to paint the bedside table (as well as the matching one on Chet's side of the bed). We're going to remove the drawers and I'm going to paint the dark wood white. Stay tuned to find out if it's a success or a disaster.

Tonight we ate DiGiorno pizza and Caesar salad for dinner (Lorelei had pasta with parmesan cheese, because DiGiorno isn't her favorite -- MORE FOR THE REST OF US). I bought sparkling apple juice for the kids to enjoy:

I also found King Cake-flavored ice cream at the commissary, and believe you me that it's extremely dangerous because I just had two scoops and still want more:
Happy New Year's Eve, friends -- 2020 has been bad, weird...but also good. Bring on 2021!

No comments: