Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas Eve!

WHEW!

We returned home from a trip to East TN yesterday (the 23rd), and so far my Christmas Eve has been spent unpacking and doing mountains of laundry.

But that's okay, because I'm thankful we were able to even take such a trip, and that we have plenty of clothes to wear and machines that wash those clothes for me.

The past two years we have taken a trip AFTER Christmas, and I wanted to do it differently this year to see how it went.

So far I'm a fan, because even though I'm doing a lot of housework on Christmas Eve, we completed Christmas preparations before our trip, so there's no stress regarding that. We also got home early enough yesterday that I was able to go to the grocery store instead of having to go this morning. I'm MOSTLY glad that I will be able to take down our Christmas tree and decorations in what I consider a timely manner, instead of having to do it AFTER a trip and as the holiday season is ending.

Here is a picture of us at the turnaround point on a hike we took in Great Smoky Mountain National Park:

More about our trip later. Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a beautiful picture! Glad you all had so fun. And I'm going to assume your travels didn't take you past my exit :)

Love
Aunt Shannon