Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Catching Up: Chet's Promotion

I'm not sure why I haven't shared this yet, but back in October we found out that Chet was selected for promotion to the next rank in the Navy!

I heard the good news while we were driving with my mom to Texas, evacuating for one of the hurricanes that didn't tend up being a problem for south Mississippi. I told my mom when we started the trip, "I'll bet Chet finds out whether or not he's getting promoted during this drive." Sure enough...

He is still "selected" for promotion, and won't officially become the next rank until September. September 2021 felt like a long way away when we heard the news in October 2020, but here we are, almost finished with February. Before we know it September will be here!

We are proud of him. He works hard and is very good at his job, but there were other people who also work hard and are good at their jobs who were not selected. So we are thankful.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: