Friday, January 18, 2019

3-Day Weekends PLANS

Happy Friday!

First of all, I did indeed catch up on my Bible study, and had a wonderful Wednesday morning fellowshipping with a lovely bunch of ladies that I will miss dearly when our study ends.

Besides Bible study Wednesday morning, I went to the grocery store Thursday morning, but otherwise have stayed home. Laying low this week has helped us all to feel secure in our normal routine, and I no longer have have large mountains of laundry to conquer (just a couple of small hills, which is the norm).

Our homeschool community group meets this morning; we get home around 1 p.m. each Friday, and Chet has already told me he has to work late this evening. But since he's off Monday, here's what I have planned for this 3-day weekend...

...dumping all of Sydney's (and maybe Lorelei's, depending on how it goes) items in a single pile on the floor and helping her establish some better storage techniques for all of her "treasures."

!!!

Honestly, it sounds blissful to me (seriously!), but Chet and I have to work together and plan for such projects, because a 3-day weekend full of organizing sounds very bad to him.

Sydney and I are starting on the project first thing Saturday morning, then she has a birthday lunch date with a friend (for the friend's birthday, not Sydney's), so she'll be leaving at 11:30 a.m. That will give me time to continue sans Sydney, which is usually a good thing. Then Sydney AND Lorelei have a birthday party down the street at 2 p.m., which I will also attend with them. So hopefully (Chet's fingers are crossed!) the organizing project is finished by 2 p.m. on Saturday. I doubt it will be 100% complete by then, but this will at least prevent me from disappearing into organizing black holes the entire weekend.

For the record, the girls' treasures are NOT out of control. Sydney needs (and appreciates!) guidance on going through and storing her things. Lorelei can, and does, do it on her own, but also needs help weeding things out from time to time. The biggest "problem" currently is that they have a couple of drawer sets they use for their things that just aren't working. Tackling their items NOW will also help me feel more organized for our move (less than 4 months away!).

Surely your weekend plans are more exciting than ours -- I hope it's a great one!

No comments: