Saturday, January 26, 2019

'Twas the night before...

...Sydney's 9th birthday.

(By the time anyone reads this, it WILL be Sydney's 9th birthday).

As predicted, it was a whirlwind of a week during which I felt behind on what I needed to accomplish, and also confused as to which day it was. (Chet felt the same way.) But we survived!

Friday Chet got home from work and Lorelei pounced on him to assemble her new Target shelf. Thankfully she, Ford, Ruthie, and the next-door-neighbor were available to help him figure it out:

We mostly stayed home today (Saturday), other than Chet attending a funeral this morning, and Sydney and me grocery shopping to pick out her cake ingredients. Right now the second (devil's food) cake is in the oven (because sometimes I like to go big or go home by making a double-layer cake). Chet is on the couch with his feet up after wrapping presents. I'm going to finish the second half of "Black Panther" after the cake is out of the oven.
That's the last of the black and white buffalo check wrapping paper and I AM SO GLAD. Not because I don't like it (it's adorable), but the roll of paper is too large for my wrapping paper holder, and I was on a mission to use the last of it before moving. (These are the ridiculous types of things that take up brain space in a frequent mover's head.)

There goes the oven timer. I hope you had a lovely Saturday! Birthday post tomorrow!

No comments: