Friday, February 1, 2019

Welcome, February (Goodbye, Birthday Season!)

I love the beginning of a new month, and with birthday season behind us (mine was yesterday, wrapping up the FOUR January birthdays in our immediate family), I'm more than ready for February and, soon, spring (no polar vortex here in California!).

I'm also glad it's Friday, because I'm feeling very tired after this week. Normally when we get home from our homeschool community group on Fridays I unpack everything and get organized as quickly as possible so I can properly relax and recharge over the weekend. Today I DID unpack and get organized, I just waited until the late afternoon/early evening to start, which wasn't a great idea. Maybe it's all the leftover birthday cake making me feel sluggish and affecting my judgement.

Didi flies into town tomorrow, and Chet flies out of town Sunday. We're all itching to see Didi, and really glad her visit coincides with the first half of Chet's two-week work trip. Also, I'm contemplating not getting out any of my Valentine decorations. Is that bad? I feel like I'm "over" decorations right now, what with all the birthday hooplah.

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments: