Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Conversations with Children

Conversation #1
Lorelei: "Mommy, what's a bucket list?"
Ford: "Ooh! Ooh! I know! It's when you make a list of really fun things you want to do before you die."
Lorelei: ***Looks at me questioningly***
Me: "Yep. That's right."

Conversation #2
Ruthie: ***Jumps on my bed while I'm trying to make it***
Me: "Ruthie, would you like it if I messed up your doll's dress while you were playing with her?"
Ruthie: "My doll's not wearing a dress, she's wearing a onesie."
Me: "Would you like me to mess up your doll's ONESIE while you were playing with her?"
Ruthie: "But it's not messed up, because she didn't pee in it."
Me: ***Can't think of a counter argument***
Me: "Nevermind."
Ruthie: ***Jumps on my bed one last time***

Conversation #3
Ford: ***Vacuums area by front door***
Ford: ***Stops vacuum***
Ford: "Ruthie, can you please take off your shoes BEFORE you step off the rug? I'm tired of vacuuming up your mess."
Ruthie: ***Silence***
Ford: ***Resumes vacuuming***
Me: ***Smugly feels like my job here is done***

Happy Wednesday, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ford sounds like an old soul!! Amazing he could explain a bucket list! hehe on the vacuuming!
Aunt Shannon