Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy Birthday, Ford!

Ford turned SIX today, thus kicking off birthday season in our house!

Exactly six years ago, at this time of night (in almost the same house!), I was putting putting 3-year old Sydney and 2-year old Lorelei to bed, then rushing to pack a hospital bag in the midst of contractions. My mother-in-law and I sped to the very closest hospital and screeched into the ER entrance at 9:30 p.m. (I remember looking at the car's clock). Ford was born a mere 29 minutes later, at 9:59 p.m. All I can say is that I'm glad we didn't choose the hospital 30 minutes down the road, otherwise he would have been born in the car along Highway 90.

Here are six things you should know about Ford (as I stated earlier on Instagram):
1. He's smart.
2. He's thoughtful.
3. He's a bit exacting.
4. He's sensitive.
5. He's surprisingly polite.
6. He's a champ at surviving in a houseful of women.

He's many other things as well, and we're glad he's ours.
(Badly lit picture that I really should have lightened up before posting here -- progress over perfection!)

Happy 6th birthday, Ford!

No comments: