Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Reason to Celebrate

I know I haven't mentioned Coronavirus yet, and I don't intend to now (oh, wait -- I just did!). Really, I'm not going to talk about it now though.

The kids and I are celebrating today because the 22nd means we've finished one month of deployment! (Chet's deployment, of course...although it certainly belongs to us too!)

I bought a small gift for each child, to mark this day. (They asked, "Mommy, are you GLAD Daddy is gone?!" Definitely not, but they weren't old enough to remember the last deployment, and that you have to celebrate every single "win" over its course.) Sydney and Lorelei got books, Ford received some gardening tools, and Ruthie now has her very own retractable back scratcher, because she's always trying to steal Ford's.

After digging some holes using his new gardening tools, Ford said, "Well, now I know the truth...gardeners DO work hard."

Yes, Son, they do.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: