Tuesday, March 31, 2020

So Long, March

March, you were the longest month EVER.

Here is a funny to end your month:

The children set up a "store" in the playroom (it's actually very impressive). Sydney was the cashier, and after she rang up my purchases, she asked, "Debit or destroy?"

***Crickets***

Me: "What does 'destroy' mean?"
Syd: "I don't know, that's what Lorelei told me to say."

***SIDE NOTE: I have no doubt Lorelei could walk into a store and successfully carry out a transaction with a cashier. She probably even knows my debit card pin number and how much money is currently in my checking account. SOMEHOW SHE KNOWS THINGS. Sydney, on the other hand, has a more big-picture view of the world, and doesn't think it necessary to bother with such details.***

Me: "She told you to say 'debit or DESTROY?'"
Syd: "She either said 'crash' or 'destroy.' I can't remember."

***Enter Lorelei***

Syd: "Lorelei, was I supposed to say 'crash' or 'destroy?'"

***Lorelei pauses a beat***

Lorelei: "Sydney, I said CASH. Not crash."
Syd: "Okay. Debit or cash, Miss?"
Me: "Debit."

Hopefully April is a little less confusing than March (and my pretend grocery transaction).

P. S. The pretend grocery store had a room where children of shoppers could stay and do art with a responsible child minder (Ford). When they called my child's name over the loudspeaker to notify her that her mother was ready to leave the store, the child minder (Ford) chased my daughter (Ruthie) out of the art room with a bottle of hand sanitizer. He was admonished by the cashier (Sydney) that the children were supposed to sanitize upon ENTERING the art room, not leaving. I have a feeling the next time I shop there they'll be requiring face masks and disposable gloves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny!

Anonymous said...

this is great!!