Monday, March 2, 2020

Folding

Ford: "Ruthie, come help me fold these washcloths."

Ruthie: "Why?"

Ford: "Because when you're a mom someday, you're going to have to fold a LOT of clothes."

Ruthie: "I am?"

Ford: "Yes."

Ruthie: "What if I grow up to be a dad?"

Ford: "You'll never be a dad."

Ruthie: "What if I turn into-"

Ford (cuts Ruthie off): "AND YOU WON'T TURN INTO A DAD."

Ruthie: "Why not?"

Ford: "Because you're not a boy."

Ruthie: "What if I use a magic wand?"

Ford: "Ruthie, magic isn't real, so don't believe in it."

Ruthie: "Is God real?"

Ford: "Yes, but God doesn't use magic, He just uses His powers."

***Ford runs over to me to quickly make sure God indeed doesn't use magic.***

Ford: "Yeah, He just uses His powers."

Ruthie: "Oh."

Ruthie doggedly folding washcloths in preparation for adulthood:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bless their hearts and their reasoning skills. I would imagine even God smiled at that conversation
Lol