Friday, July 31, 2020

Summer Schedule

The public and private schools start next week (Thursday, August 6th). 

Our homeschool group starts August 26th, and I'm always glad to have a little more time than most to "officially" start.

The kids and I vacationed in Texas the month of June, took a quick trip to Pensacola July 4th, and shortly thereafter Chet returned home from deployment. A few days after his return he and I decided our days needed more structure. So we came up with this schedule (Sydney wrote it out for me):
It has truly kept us sane these hot summer days.

Tonight the kids played outside until late, and as I was ushering (crying) Ruthie upstairs to the bathroom she said, "I have an ant bite! Why did God even make ants? I wish He didn't! And I wish He didn't make dinosaurs, because they bite and they chase you and they scratch you with their claws! They're MEAN!"

I didn't remind her dinosaurs were extinct.

TGIF!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like her use of military time, 1500-ish for piano practice.

Ashley Wyckoff said...

Haha, YES!