Monday, June 3, 2013

Back in the saddle...

Yikes, has it been 17 days since my last post?!  Yes, of course it has.  I've been a bad blogger, so there is lots of catching up to do.  To make sure such a long blogging break doesn't happen again (at least, not any time soon), I have challenged myself to blog every morning this week.  So far I'm on a roll!!

I am almost finished with the clutter-busting challenge.  The challenge was to get rid of 7 things every week day in May.  My last post was May 17th, and I was all caught up then, but I fell behind again for May 20-24 and May 27-31.  The picture above is the May 20-24 picture.  Now, I refuse to bore you by listing everything you see in this picture.  Just believe me when I say that there are 35+ items there, and that, although they appear to be trash that I decided to take a picture of just to fulfill the clutter-busting challenge, all of these items were actually stowed away on shelves or in drawers in our home.  Ew.  I am actually having trouble finding the last 35 things to get rid of.  That's not to say that every single thing in our home has a purpose and we are clutter free...I'm just having to dig a little deeper than I had to at the beginning of May.

Chet returned home from his field training exercise Sunday, May 19th!  We've loved having him home, and the last two weekends have been 4-day weekends for him.  (The weekend before last was Memorial Day weekend, and this past weekend was awarded to everyone for doing so well during the field training exercise.)  Therefore, I deem this 5-day work week "Rude Awakening Week" for all of us.

A more thorough review of my iPhone pictures will help jog my memory as to what we've been up to the past few weeks (I'll save that for another post later this week), but here are a few pictures:
The weather has been decent, so we've been able to spend quite a bit of time outside.

We went to the aquarium in New Orleans this past Friday.  It's hard for anything to live up to the Atlanta aquarium, but we still had fun!

We decided Sydney needed to learn how to stunt while we were playing at the park the other day.  She may look happy, but it's hard to make out the terrified smile on her face.

I put Lorelei's hair in a ponytail this weekend.  She's laying on the concrete because she's performing a segment of Sydney's dance recital routine (she's quite good).

It seems that Lorelei has the same reaction to mosquito bites that Sydney does.  See her left eye?  And remember this?
I'm so glad that pacifier is gone.  She asked if she could have one last night.  Um, no.

No comments: