Monday, September 25, 2017

"It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!" (and Ford's Preschool)

Happy fall (a.k.a. the MOST wonderful time of the year -- after Christmas, of course)! Last Friday was officially the first day of this glorious season, but I've had my fall decorations out since September 1st, my fall-smelling candle burning since August, and we've already gone through two bags of candy corn (yikes).

Many places are still hot (ahem, ALL the places we've previously lived), but here in the central valley of California...IT ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE FALL! It warmed up a little this weekend, but last Thursday the high temperature was 68, and it was 54 degrees when we walked out the door for church yesterday (when church was over it was 70, but whatevs). People here tend to complain about the weather, but I like it. Because even when the temperature hovers at 100 degrees, IT'S NOT HUMID. And that, my friends, makes all the difference.

Anyway, in addition to indoor fall decorations, I bought my mums about three weeks ago, and they're still alive. They must be scared to die, because I give them the evil eye any time they start to wilt (and after giving them the evil I move them out of the sun).

Completely unrelated to fall (kind of), after Labor Day Ford started a preschool program at the Child Development Center on base. He goes Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., and they even feed him lunch before I pick him up. The CDC is less than a mile from our house, so we almost always walk/stroll/ride bikes to drop him off and pick him up. This schedule has helped a lot in establishing our new homeschool schedule (more about that later).

It might seem strange/counter intuitive to send one of my children to preschool after deciding to homeschool the older ones, but it works for us. Bonus that it's a super affordable program within walking distance of our house (thanks, government!).

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying some fall temps!! Unlike here in GA!
Cute pics of the kids......they are growing way too fast.
Love to you all!
Aunt Shannon