Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

I know it's already the new year for some of you, but we still have a couple of hours to go here. We decided to let the kids stay up until 9 p.m. to watch the ball drop in Times Square. 

Well. 

We tuned into the proper television station around 8:30 p.m., and it took us twenty minutes to realize they weren't making a big deal about "only 10 minutes until the ball drops!" When there were about two minutes to go, I realized, because we're on the west coast, the network was showing us what had happened at nearly 9 p.m. on the east coast, not what was CURRENTLY happening on the east coast. 

I sprinted to the computer and pulled up a live feed of Times Square, JUST IN TIME for the 10-second countdown. Whew. 

The kids are in bed now, and I'm finishing the last twenty pages of my book. I doubt we'll make it to midnight.

I hope your New Year's Eve was enjoyable, spent exactly the way you wanted to spend it!
(P.S. Why why WHY is "Auld Lang Syne" SO depressing?! Every year it makes me want to cry!)

No comments: