Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The MOST Belated Happy Thanksgiving

Pro tip: It's been a little too long since your last post if you have to change your blog background from Halloween to Christmas (and only SIX DAYS before Christmas).

That being said, is it too late to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving? (Happy Thanksgiving!)

I really enjoyed these homemade turkey hands on top of our piano this year:

We were hosted this Thanksgiving by our across-the-street neighbors. (I always try to get us invited somewhere so I don't have to do a turkey.) Our friends hosted not only us, but TWENTY-SIX people total. She made three turkeys, and the only thing we contributed was a fruit and olive appetizer. I can say with certainty it was the easiest Thanksgiving (for me) to date.

I've been wanting (WANTING, not necessarily PLANNING) to get back into a regular blogging routine this year (you know, 2018...the year that's almost over). I posted the fewest amount of times in 2017 (only 21 posts! yikes!). In fact, I've been on a downward trend since 2013, and I want to change that. I like having this blog to record our small, daily memories, and I also like the writing exercise it provides for me.

SO. Even though there are only 12 days left in 2018, my plan is to post seven more times (not including this one!). That would make 58 blogs posts in 2018, more than 2015, 2016, and 2017. This is me, sprinting (or perhaps crawling?) to the finish line.

Happy Wednesday, friends! Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments: