Saturday, April 4, 2020

4/4

Yesterday, Friday, the kids and I wore our new red shirts to honor Chet, as well as everyone else, who is deployed.

Today, Saturday, I woke up feeling the need for a project. I asked Sydney and Lorelei what we should do, and Sydney convinced me to rearrange the furniture in her room. You may be thinking, "That sounds fairly simple and straightforward." However, her room is also the guest room when we have guests (so it wasn't 100% SYDNEY), and her closet holds some random things, like the boxes of clothes that are currently out of season or that Ruthie doesn't fit into yet.

So.

The first thing we did was remove the shipbuilding manuals, leadership books, and memoirs from the bookshelves above her desk that were clearly not hers. She was happy to fill those in with her own books. We also decided, in order to make her room feel more spacious, to move her dresser into the closet. That meant removing said boxes of kids' clothes (and did I mentioned my stash of throw pillows?), and finding new places for all of it. It turned into, as it always does, one of those puzzles where you have to move 10 other squares before being able to put ONE square in its proper place.

Do I have a picture of her new setup? Of course not! I'll try to remember to take one tomorrow. I think tomorrow Lorelei will pressure me into tackling the playroom. We have a 6-cube shelf (removed from Syd's room today) that may be useful in there, and an activity table that may need to move OUT of the playroom and downstairs to a new place. First I'll have to convince the children to close down their grocery store, which seems to have been abandoned anyway.

We shall see.

No comments: