Monday, August 31, 2020

So long, August!

As always, I'm happy to bid farewell to August, but I have to admit that I'm learning to appreciate it more than I have in the past.

Mostly because my children keep meeting really nice friends who all seem to be born in August, so that has softened my heart toward the longest, hottest month.

Speaking of birthdays, happy belated birthday, Aunt Shannon!

And still speaking of birthdays, here is the probably incomplete lineup of people who are important to us with August birthdays:

  1. My Aunt Shannon
  2. Chet's and my nephew/the kids' cousin
  3. Sydney's California best friend
  4. Sydney's Mississippi best friend 
  5. Lorelei's California best friend
  6. Lorelei's Mississippi new friend
  7. Sydney's and Lorelei's Mississippi friend
I can think of three more children off the top of my head with August birthdays (all in our neighborhood!), but isn't the above list enough to feel better about August than I have in the past? I think yes.

Because I haven't posted enough pictures of the kids lately, here is one of the three oldest in the midst of our school day today:

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awe, thank you, Ashley! I'm always appreciative of another birthday!
Love ya
Aunt Shannon