Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Texas Visit

(WARNING: I didn't snap a single picture during this visit!) Two weeks ago (Thursday, October 8th), Chet and I flew to Houston for Columbus Day weekend. My dad picked us up from the airport that night and took us to dinner at Moe's Barbeque (Chet's first taste of REAL Texas barbeque...he loved it!). Friday morning my mom, Dave, Chet, and I drove to New Braunfels, and then to Austin to visit Grant at the University of Texas. Chet and I got to see his dorm room, and we walked around campus and shopped at the Co-Op. Here is a picture of some adorable purchases...

After our UT visit, Mama, Chet, and I visited the LBJ Presidential Library; Chet nor I had ever been to one (Grant couldn't go because he was attending a study group). It was really ineresting, but we didn't get to spend a lot of time there since they were about to close. After leaving the Library we stopped by the San Marcos outlet mall on our way back to New Braunfels and did a little bit of shopping. This is where we bought our baby girl's first pair of boots (they're little crib shoes with soft bottoms)!

We left New Braunfels Sunday to head back to Houston, and Chet and I flew back to Jacksonville Monday. We had such a great weekend, and I can't wait to make another trip to Texas in the middle of November!

No comments: