Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Monday, Monday...I Mean, Tuesday

So, how am I doing at my challenge to blog every day?  I'll let myself off the hook for Sunday, but yesterday I didn't have a good excuse.  Wait a second...I was busy yesterday!  Here's the rundown of our Monday, and I'll let you decide whether or not to forgive me for letting the blog slide:
  • 8:25 a.m.: Drop Sydney off at preschool
  • 9:00 a.m.: Report to Toyota dealership for 10,000-mile service appointment
  • 9:00 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.: Entertain Lorelei at Toyota dealership
  • 10:15 a.m.: Swing through McDonald's drive thru for a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, because I am starving after keeping Lorelei entertained at said Toyota dealership
  • 10:35 a.m.: Arrive home, plug in the crockpot, and resume trimming the bush I was trimming Saturday, before a wasp stung me on the palm of my hand (um, ouch)
  • 11:00 a.m.: Serve lunch to Lorelei
  • 11:15 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.: Call USAA to see about lowering our car insurance payment while Chet is on deployment
  • 11:50 a.m. - Pick Sydney up at preschool
  • 12:15 p.m.: 2:30 p.m.: Nap time/Ashley puts her feet up for at least 30 minutes (Sydney only sleeps an hour a day, so don't get all huffy thinking I have 2 hours and 15 minutes to myself in the middle of the day ;-))
  • 3:00 p.m.: Rush to the grocery store as quickly as possible in the blazing August heat (yesterday afternoon felt more hot than usual during our grocery store run; it made me cranky)
  • 3:45 p.m.: Arrive home and begin cooking dinner for the friends I am having over to eat with us
  • 5:00 p.m.: Start serving dinner to Sydney and Lorelei/first friend arrives
  • 7:15 p.m.: Friends depart and I finish cleaning up the kitchen/toy mess (Sydney and Lorelei have vital roles in cleaning up toy messes)
  • 7:30 p.m.: Chet calls via FaceTime and gets to witness the girls acting like heathens and Lorelei falling off the couch (she was perfectly fine)
  • 8:00 p.m.: Usher the girls upstairs to change them into their pajamas and put them to bed (no way was I expending any more energy on bathing them -- a little grime is good for the soul)
  • 8:30 p.m.: Close the girls' bedroom door and walk downstairs to 3rd friend popping popcorn in my kitchen in preparation for our "Downton Abbey" date (we are starting the series from the beginning, and it gives her husband a guilt-free evening to play video games to his heart's desire)
  • 10:00 p.m.: BED
Honestly, it's more tiring to type it than it was to actually go through it.

So, here I am on Tuesday, blogging about what I did Monday.  What to write about for today?  I'll just say that Sydney and I dropped Lorelei off at the CDC this morning, and proceeded to Target.  We had a lovely, relaxing Target outing (we rarely go to Target since it's so far away), where Sydney was an angel and allowed me to look at every since clearance clothing rack.  Sydney thrives on alone time with Mommy and/or Daddy.  After Target we ate lunch at a sushi restaurant, where she impressed the waitress (and me for that matter) by writing her name and Lorelei's name on the back of the sushi order form.  It was a great morning for both of us, and I don't think I would have felt any more rejuvenated had I been by myself.

Since every blog post needs a picture, here is a picture of Sydney that I'm actually posting for the second time.  The first time I around I posted from my phone, thus not giving you the full effect of laying-on-the-garage-floor-while-petting-the-cat glory:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! All in the day of a Mom. Enjoy it, because one day you will be even more busy. Great girls!!! Love them