Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday...I think...

Well, friends. We've survived another day.

This feels especially important with Chet deployed. 10 years ago (!!!) when he was in Africa, and Sydney and I were flying solo in Jacksonville, I used to mark time by trash day. Today was trash day here in Mississippi, which always oddly feels as if I've accomplished something (and made another week pass).

I have little time; Ruthie is in the bathtub, and the other kids are downstairs playing with LEGOs. I don't have anything interesting to say, other than that I am extremely grateful for simple meals throughout the course of a deployment. (Not that Chet is demanding regarding meals; it's just EASIER to feed children). They had Annie's spaghetti-o's and fruit for dinner. I had chips and salsa. Chet would have understandably balked at such a meal.

Totally unrelated, here is a picture I took of the front of our house a couple of weeks ago after I purchased some outdoor potted plants from a local nursery:
I'll keep you updated on their status. And please note the poinsettias (far right) that are still alive and well in MID-APRIL.

Better go. Ruthie is yelling, "Mommy, I'm out of the bathtub and I want you to carry me LIKE BABY JESUS!"

No comments: