Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's a...!

Hi, everyone! Chet and I are so excited to let you know that we're having a little girl! We had an ultrasound at 8:00 a.m. today, and it went very well. Before we even started, the sonographer asked if we wanted to know the sex...we emphatically answered, "Yes!". She also explained to us that girls are a little more difficult to determine than boys, but 45 minutes later there were no signs of little boy parts, and she said she was 98% sure it was a girl! She also took several pictures of all of the organs and the spine, and she said everything looked great. My next OB/GYN appointment is October 6th.

After the ultrasound, Chet suggested going to Babies 'R' Us to look around. We hadn't looked at or shopped for any baby items since we found out we were pregnant...mostly because we wanted to get our move out of the way and because I would go too crazy trying to mentally decorate a room when I didn't know the sex! Anyway, we had fun, and can't wait to continue spreading the news.

Can't wait to hear what y'all think!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!! Girls are so much fun! I can't wait to make her a blanket! I also can't wait to hear what you will name her! Any ideas yet?!? Awe, I wish you were in Texas I'd give you a BIGGO hug!!! When are you coming down again?

Casey

Anonymous said...

Yay, a girl!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for the two of you!! Wish I lived near you, I'd babysit whenever you needed!!
Loveya!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Trying to send my comment again. I don't think they are getting through. Very happy for the three of you. Thank God for a healthy baby. God Bless you all three. You will have a wonderful life together. Fun, fun, fun times ahead. Enjoy it to the fullest!

Aunt Sheila from Texas

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to teach her weight room etiquette! Just kidding, but I will expect her to flaunt a UT onesie!

-Grant

The Jackmans said...

Yay a girl! How exciting! Now you get to pick out all the pink frilly stuff!

Danielle said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on the baby girl!! You'll have so much fun with a little girl! I can't believe you had the self control to not even LOOK at baby stores, though! Have fun, and go crazy with the pink!!

Anonymous said...

awww a little girl!!! congrats! I know she will be spoiled...and Grant, no UT onsies!!! -Shelby

Anonymous said...

Let me know as soon as you decide on a name! I'm gonna hook that little girl up!

Casey

Jen said...

YYYAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! (and me) :o) I can't wait to meet her!!! Half way there! Now you get to do all the fun baby stuff! :o) Happy pinking!!