Monday, September 19, 2011

35 Weeks, Doctor Appointment Update, and Name!!!

Here is my 35-week picture.  35 weeks...that means I have about 35 days to go!  (Actually, my cute little countdown clock says 32 days...eek!)  The last two days I have felt VERY pregnant, so I am glad there are only 30-ish days to go, but at the same time I'm apprehensive, because it's impossible to know what life is going to be like once she's born and I have two little girls to take care of.  But, don't worry, I'm mostly excited!

I had a doctor appointment last Thursday.  It went well, but was pretty uneventful.  My next doctor appointment is September 29th, and I'm assuming I'll go again two weeks after that (although they may want to see me every week after the September 29th appointment, since I'll be nearly 37 weeks along by then).  By the way, it would be GREAT to give birth a week early, like I did with Sydney.  That means October 15th, so everyone pray for that date!  (It would be much easier, logistically, to have her then, because Chet is due to leave for a field exercise right around the actual due date.  He will probably be home for the birth, even if he's already left for the exercise, but having him here to drive me to the hospital when I go into labor would definitely help my nerves.)

34 Weeks

35 Weeks
Finally, our second little girl will be named Lorelei Ann!  We decided on the name quite a while ago, and I don't really have a good reason for not sharing it until now.  (We have shared it with our families and anyone who asks.)  We've both always liked the name Lorelei, but didn't really consider it for some reason when naming Sydney.  Ann is Chet's grandmother's middle name, as well as his aunt's middle name.  And his other grandmother's middle name is Anna, so it works well! 

I finally finished painting her letters, so here they are, hanging on her wall.  Sorry for not taking more pictures of the room yet.  It's coming along, but isn't quite finished, and I like to take finished pictures.  :-)  There is very little we need to buy for Lorelei, because she will be able to use most of Sydney's hand-me-downs.  But there are a few things we need to finish off her room, such as another changing pad for the changing table...things like that.  On that note, I FINALLY registered at Babies 'r' Us and Target for some things.  A few different people encouraged me to do it, even though we really don't need much.  We didn't go into the store to register; I just did it online.  (Side note: The nearest Target is 20+ miles away, and the nearest Babies 'r' Us is in Louisiana...not what I'd call convenient.)




Back to the room.  It may be hard to tell in the picture, but the letters are mostly navy blue and lavender.  Her furniture is brown, and it looks much more grown up than Sydney's room.  Probably because of the colors.  Anyway, my inspiration for the room was from Pottery Barn Kids.  I really liked this nursery (even though it's a boy's nursery):


But it needed to be more girly, and I was adamant about not using pink.  So I chose the navy blue/white bumper and navy blue/white crib skirt from the boy's nursery and combined it with the purple dotted sheet:


And here is the rug I'm using:


Anyway, I am very happy with it, and cannot wait until it's finished!



1 comment:

Casey said...

Can't wait to see her finished room!! I need to get busy making her something special! Text me your new address when you get a chance. Your belly is super cute...I swear I looked like that at 20 weeks....you are a beautiful pregnant woman! I hope you are enjoying your time being a mommy with no work...I'm so envious of you. Miss you!