Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Patch (pre-Lorelei)

Saturday, October 15th, Chet, Syd, and I went to Southern Promiseland Farm to visit their pumpkin patch and corn maze.  We didn't know it at the time (although I think, deep down, we DID know), but this would be our last outing as a little family of three. 

First we were "briefed" on the rules of the corn maze, etc. 

Sydney's favorite part of the trip was seeing the animals.  There were horses, goats, pigs, rabbits, and chickens, but Syd loved the little pigs best of all.


Trying to see the rabbits...

They also had a huge playground with tons of swings.  Chet and I liked this one best (we wanted one!), but Syd wasn't all that impressed (I think the sun was in her eyes).

Sydney's second-favorite activity was running circles around this sign.  This was the sign explaining the "game rules" of the grass maze, which we opted to go through instead of the 1.5-mile long corn maze (we probably would have never made it out of such a long corn maze alive). 

She finally entered the grass maze.


Syd got her hand painted for the very first time.  She was very serious throughout the process, but liked having a pumpkin on her hand.


We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch.  It was a beautiful backdrop for pictures, but Syd was not in a picture-taking mood, and Chet and I have no idea what we're doing as far as photography goes, so this was a semi-lost opportunity. 

We'll call this my 39-week maternity picture, since I did not take an official one (Lorelei was born at 39 weeks, 2 days), and I was exactly 39 weeks that day. 

That's it!  We had a great time, and I'm so glad we took the opportunity to do one last fun outing with Sydney before Lorelei's arrival.

No comments: