Tuesday, April 24, 2012

6 Months Old!

Lorelei is a half-year old already!  I can't believe it.  She had her 6-month check up last Thursday.  She weighed 15.4 lbs and was just under 25 inches long.  She's consistently in the 34th percentile for weight, which sounds low to all of us, because she is CHUBBY!  I think the technician who administered her shots put it perfectly: "She's tiny, but she really packs it in!  She REALLY packs it in!"  I'm still laughing about that...

Lorelei is still not great on her tummy (I don't give her enough "tummy time"), so I don't imagine she'll crawl soon.  She is doing really well sitting up though.  I believe she will be sitting independently consistently very soon!  (You can tell she's quite impressed with her own sitting up skills.)  She still just has the two teeth, but they are quite visible now.  I started her on rice cereal the day she had her appointment, and she's doing alright with it.  Not rejecting it, but not devouring it. (Sydney wanted to try it and she NOT think it tasted good, ha!)  She still wakes up once a night to eat, but I don't mind.  She has the sweetest little disposition, and she DEFINITELY prefers her mommy to hold her. 

I can't think of anything else to report on the Lorelei front...I need to post a Sydney update soon...





2 comments:

Casey said...

I love her chunky-ness!!

Chet and Ashley said...

Me too! She's so squishy!