Friday, September 7, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Perhaps if I start thinking of these posts as Wednesday Thoughts, I'll actually post on Thursdays.  Hmm.

This week's Thursday Thoughts is (are?) brought to you by Pinterest.  Not officially.  It's just what I'm going to talk about this week.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Pinterest, click here to go to the Pinterest website, or click here for Wikipedia's definition of Pinterest (which I recommend if you've never heard of it...simply going to the Pinterest site will not help you much in understanding what it's all about).

I've been aware of Pinterest for a while, but I've avoided it (like the plague) until this past Tuesday, when I finally gave in and asked my friend Casey to invite me (yes, you have to be invited...or you have to request to join if you don't have someone who can invite you...Pinterest is only for the classiest of folk...I'm kidding about that).

Anyway, I avoided joining the site for so long because all I hear is how much of a time sucker it is.  The last thing I needed was another time sucker in my life, so I decided to not even go there.  But lately I've been wanting to redecorate and rearrange and reorganize a few things (nothing big deal, just little things), and I knew Pinterest would have what I was looking for.  That's why I asked Casey to invite me.  And I was right: Pinterest had what I was looking for.

I made a deal with myself before joining -- "Ashley, you can't let Pinterest get the best of you.  Don't worry about 'following' a ton of people or searching for hours for cool projects to put on your to-do list.  You don't have time for that."

So far, I've listened to myself.  (Go me!)

Also so far, I've only "liked" five items, and I've accomplished three projects:

1.  I made this salsa last night.  It was delicious.  Success!
2.  I made these cookies Wednesday, but they didn't turn out great because I didn't read the directions beforehand...obviously my fault.
3.  I used this picture as inspiration to display a magazine in our downstairs Texas-themed bathroom.  It's almost a success -- the wire hanger I used (we only had a couple of wire hangers in the whole house!) is a little flimsy and not as cute as the wire hangers in this picture.  If I can find a cuter wire hanger somewhere I'm going to call the project a success!

I'm sure I'll share more Pinterest successes and failures in the coming months...  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't need another time burner, either, so I'm staying away for now! But I'll keep it in mind if I get bored!! - PJ