Friday, July 12, 2013

Week Twenty-Seven: 21 graces

1. Sleeping in our own beds after a week out of town
2. The girls' fascination with their own toys after a week away from them
3. Not dawdling on the unpacking front (I'm usually bad about this; I have no idea why)
4. Having a full day (Friday) with no plans and with Chet around before he goes back to work
5. Sharing our Baby #3 news on Facebook
6. Making a detailed to-do list (that is posted all over the front of our kitchen cabinets) to help us stay organized and on the same page before Chet deploys next month
7. Chet taking the GRE (one of the to-do list biggies)
8. Post-church Mexican food with friends
9. A successful first OB appointment
10. Tricare (I know this has been on my list before, but I really am super thankful for the healthcare, etc. we have access to in the military)
11. Finding out my next-door-neighbor is expecting a boy (after twin girls)!
12. An early morning power walk (before Chet left for work and before the girls were awake)
13. A new renter moving into our condo in Jacksonville
14. An impromptu evening walk to the faraway park, allowing me to chat with a friend I don't see very often and tiring the girls out (making bedtime a snap!)
15. Going back to the gym after...you don't even want to know how long
16. A post-gym trip to the coffee shop and library


17. Finishing Season 8 of "The Office" (this was also on our pre-deployment to-do list...seriously)
18. Sydney requesting a morning stroller walk (I obliged, even though it was threatening rain)
19. Placing an order for Daddy Dolls for the girls
20. Sydney reminding me to indulge in the finer things in life: leopard-print coats (she calls it her "giraffe jacket") and Snuggies

21. A 1.5-hour round trip to Walmart, squeezed in between dinner and bedtime -- and none of us "lost it"!

4 comments:

Casey said...

Yeah for baby #3!!! And Daddy Dolls -- how cute!

Chet and Ashley said...

Thanks, Case! I was never into the Daddy Dolls until (recently) Syd became very aware of Chet's absence. I think they will help this deployment!

Jordy Liz said...

So excited for baby #3! How fun!

And I am awful at unpacking, too! I think it goes hand-in-hand with being bad at putting away clean laundry. :)

Chet and Ashley said...

Thank you!

Isn't that interesting? You would think people who are organized would be great unpackers, but no!