Friday, March 27, 2015

Our Thursdays/TGIF

Y'all.  I am exhausted.  I'm so glad it's Friday.

This "Thursday" post is going to be more brief than the others, because I'm ready to relax, and Chet and I decided to watch a Netflix movie (let's hope I make it all the way through without falling asleep).

On Thursdays both girls go to school.  My neighbor drops them off, and Bubby and I go to Bible study at 10:00 a.m. (childcare provided).

Breakfast: blueberry muffins, sausage, Dole fruit cups.

I pick up all the kids (including my neighbor's daughter) from school at 12:30 p.m.

Lunch: can't for the life of me remember.

Nap time.

Chet caught the 5:20 p.m. bus home yesterday, so we walked up to the bus stop to meet him.  The girls had an interesting conversation while we were waiting:

Lorelei: Look, there's a chickmunk (chipmunk)!
Sydney: That's not a chickmunk, that's a squirrel.
Lorelei: Oh.
Sydney: Chickmunks are smaller than squirrels, and don't have tails.  Chickmunks are baby squirrels.
Lorelei: Ohhhhh.

Dinner: tacos.

After dinner we went to "the blacktop" which is a fenced-in blacktop parking lot that belongs to the girls' school.  That's where the kids play outside when it's recess time at school (there are a bunch of riding toys and playhouses to play with).  But it's open to the public during non-school hours, and that's where all of the kids learn to ride their bikes (our neighborhood has too many hills to learn how to ride on the streets).  Here's Syd last night (riding without training wheels is a new trick for her):

We were able to watch an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" last night.  We're all caught up now.

No need for a cliff's notes version of what we do Thursdays since this is so short.  TGIF!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY surprised you stayed awake for the TV show...so unlike you!

Ashley Wyckoff said...

LOL! Well, I'll let you know that I only made it 55 minutes into the movie -- so we had to pause and will hopefully finish it tonight!