Sunday, December 4, 2016

Rainy Weekend

It rained all weekend here, and it's going to rain all day tomorrow. We didn't have ANY plans this weekend, so that, combined with the rainy weather, actually made for a great couple of days (in my homebody opinion).

We stayed in all day Saturday until after dinner, when we decided to go to Walmart to let the kids run around a little bit and breathe some fresh (Walmart) air. It was a great idea until Lorelei had the fit of her life over one of these ridiculous toys. I vow to never take her to Walmart again.

This morning we went to Sunday school and church, and stayed in the rest of the day. After last night's Walmart episode we decided to start putting the older girls to bed earlier (between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.), since they go to school and no longer take naps. So after dinner Chet took Ford to Academy so that Chet could try on some shoes, and the girls and I cleaned up the kitchen and created some nighttime checklists to help streamline bedtime.

I'm convinced these checklists will change all of our (bedtime routine) lives, as well as teach Lorelei to read.

Finally, this:
It showed up on Pinterest when I was researching how to melt crayons. First of all, I would never eat toast that looks like that, and second of all, who has time for that?! But then I realized I was in fact researching HOW TO MELT CRAYONS, and some people might think that melting crayons is just as dumb as painting toast (and they're right, it is -- I'm never doing it again).

On to Monday!

No comments: