Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fancy Thursday

On Wednesday afternoons, Sydney and Lorelei take an art class in the next town. Lorelei's starts at 3 p.m., and Sydney's starts at 3:45 p.m. (it ends at 5 p.m.). While Lorelei is in class, Sydney, Ford, and I always walk over to the library a couple of blocks over, where I inevitably have books on hold I need to check out. Things get a little more tricky when Sydney is in class, because we have more time to kill (but not that much time), and everyone is starting to get hungry for dinner. Yesterday during Sydney's class we went to a nearby discount grocery store that I LOVE. I bought lots of fruit for the Valentine exchange we were doing the next morning (a Valentine exchange on February 15th -- don't these people know I'm OVER a holiday by the time it arrives, and definitely do not wish to drag it out one more day?!).

Anyway, Sydney, Lorelei, and I had also finished reading the book Wonder, and raced to the nearest Redbox earlier that afternoon to rent the movie. Chet and I decided that since it was Valentine's Day, we might as well get crazy and let the kids watch a movie beginning at 7 p.m. on a weeknight. It was fun...

...until the next morning when I was faced with the unwashed dinner dishes and a messy house. Because in order to have fun, sometimes you have to push pause on chores. I'm still glad we had a Wednesday night movie viewing, even if it meant feeling (and actually being) behind all day today. I finally got around to washing those dinner dishes around 4:30 p.m., and after dinner we put the kids to work tidying up the house. (The poor children thought we were doing something fun AGAIN tonight when I announced, "Guess what we're doing after dinner, kiddies!")

So I'm feeling a little exhausted right now (is there such thing as a little exhausted? hmm...), and am glad tomorrow is Friday, with a long weekend ahead of us (thank you, Presidents!).

I hope your Thursday was great, and that you're headed into Friday feeling as fancy as Ruthie was this past Saturday:
Her sisters dressed her (of course), I think the leotard is sized for a six-year old (somehow she made it work), and she wore it all the live long day.

No comments: