Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!

Last year I took a "Galentine's Day" (February 13th) picture with Sydney, Lorelei, and Ruthie:
But this year? Nada. In fact, I had a really hard time finding ANY pictures. When did I stop taking pictures?! Is it because I'm with my kids most of the time, so I feel like I don't need to document their lives?! Yikes. Okay, so I'll just start taking pictures again. Today. As soon as they wake up. I promise.

I started decorating for Valentine's Day the instant Sydney's birthday was over (January 27th) (actually, a day or so before that if I'm being completely honest). I don't have a lot of holiday decorations in general, but I do like changing out framed pictures, and either framing or hanging (on our Ikea picture wire) seasonal artwork. Also, I helped Sydney and Lorelei make this little heart garland:
First thing tomorrow I'll rip down everything Valentine's and gleefully set out my springtime salt and pepper shakers and the kids' paintings of butterflies.

I normally have the kids decked out in seasonal clothing, but this year was an "off" year, because apparently all of our Valentine's clothes are size 3T, which no one wears right now. However, Ruthie wore this new outfit as often as it was clean:
This is the face Ruthie makes in all of her pictures now, because as soon as she sees me using the phone to take a picture she wants to see it. (Hmm, maybe that's why I don't take pictures anymore...)

I also went ahead and updated the kids' pictures on the sidebar, and the books I've recently read. Because no one wants to know about books I read LAST MARCH, and a picture of nearly 2-year old Ruthie is probably more interesting than 9-month old Ruthie (insert eye-roll emoji about my blog neglect).

That's it, friends. I hope you have a lovely February 14th!

No comments: