Sunday, April 24, 2011

Surgery, "Tiramisu", and Living Room Furniture


For those of you who don't know, Chet is having shoulder surgery tomorrow (Monday). He has a partially torn rotator cuff, and needs to get it repaired before we move to Mississippi. The surgery is routine, but he will be in a sling for four weeks, and will begin physical therapy six weeks post surgery. I took the entire week off of work so that I can take care of him, and, coincidentally, to entertain Grant when he flies into town Thursday (Grant planned the trip before we knew about the surgery, but we'll still have fun). Please pray that Chet's surgery goes well and that he has a speedy and uncomplicated recovery!

Chet went to his pre-op appointment last Monday (I didn't go), and was sent home with two iodine surgical scrubs. He left them on the counter, and when I got home, I thought they were slices of tiramisu that he had picked up at the convenience store (not that they even sell those; I'm sure tiramisu is impossible to preserve). Don't worry, I didn't try to eat them or anything, but I thought it was pretty funny that my brain could only fathom tiramisu, and nothing else.


Our living room furniture consists of a couch, chair, coffee table, end table, and TV stand. We've always had small living rooms, so we've never needed a big couch or a second chair. However, Chet needs a recliner to survive this surgery (it will allow him to rest and sleep comfortably for the first few days). So we went recliner shopping this weekend. The shopping part was successful, but I'm not super happy with the rearranging the living room part of it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it (and hope that our next house has more living space for living room furniture than our current home).

Here are pictures of the living room, pre-recliner. The first picture is the view of the living room as if you had just walked through the front door, to the left. (To the right of the front door is the staircase.)


Here are the "after" pictures (I think the chair corner looks dark and weird now, but oh well...):

You might have noticed that there is no longer room for the original chair, so we had to move it to the living area in the back of the house. This area is right next to the dining area and near the kitchen, and butts up to the back of the house.

No comments: