Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Navy Update

I am getting a lot of questions regarding my last day in the Navy, when we're moving, etc., so I will post a much-needed update!

My last day in the Navy is officially June 1st. Two weeks from today! I can hardly believe it. There are a few more things I need to do, paperwork-wise, in order to complete the outprocessing (in addition to the paperwork that can't be completed until June 1st), but things are moving right along!

We are scheduled to move the week after the 4th of July weekend. We're still working out all of the details, but that gives you a good idea. As I'm sure you deduced, there is a month between when I get out of the Navy and when we move. Sydney will stay in daycare during that time so I can get take care of the last-minute moving details and start to pack/organize things we'd rather the movers not touch. I also need to do some house purging, things I've been putting off for a while now and that I KNOW will NEVER get done if I don't do them before we move and have another baby. I refuse to let that happen.

Speaking of baby, we will have an ultrasound June 2nd to (hopefully) find out the sex! Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?

No comments: