Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

First and foremost, "Happy Mother's Day!" to my mom and Chet's mom, our lovely grandmothers, and all of the other wonderful mothers we know.  We love you and hope you have a special day!

It's not over yet, but I've had a great Mother's Day.  Actually, it started Thursday, when Chet brought home flowers (I love that he did that, because I've been thoroughly enjoying them for three days now!).

We also decided to go out for a Mother's Day meal Thursday night (we're all about avoiding the crowds with two loud sweet youngsters in tow).  We went to a Chinese buffet (my choice); it was delicious and (over) filling.  I like going there, because other people bring their loud sweet children, and the waitresses always get a huge kick out of Lorelei, which I think helps compensate for the mountain of fried rice we leave on the floor under Syd's high chair.

Friday we went to the running store for my Mother's Day gift: a new pair of running shoes.  I've been buying the same type of running shoes since 2004, and decided it was time for a change.  My goal this year is to run a half marathon (not necessarily this one, but there aren't many to choose from in this region), and there are so many choices in shoes out there, I decided I wanted someone to tell me what I needed.  We were in and out of the store in 20 minutes with the perfect pair!  I wish all shopping could be like that...

This morning Chet picked up kolaches and donuts, I opened Mother's Day cards, and then we went to church. 

Syd eating her kolache:

Lorelei eating a marker:

The scene, from where I was sitting:

(I just realized I've never taken or posted pictures of the main part of our house.  The downstairs is just a giant open area, making it very hard to arrange furniture and separate spaces.  It never looks right to me, but an advantage is that the girls can play and I can keep an eye on them from anywhere downstairs.)

Can you tell who the cards are from?

Yes, I look crazy:


I like this picture of Lorelei:

Ready for church:

Me, squeezing the girls too tightly:

Now we're home, Sydney is napping, and our only other plans are to grill out for dinner.  My idea of a great Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Chet is back?? I thought he was gone for a while?? You haven't posted anything about him being home!! Syd looks JUST LIKE YOU in that first picture. Lorelei is getting so big!!! You don't look crazy, you look beautiful. Love the last pic of you and the girls.