Friday, April 19, 2013

21 graces

1. Staying ahead of laundry this week
2. Learning more about my camera
3. Receiving packages in the mail
4. Seeing a friend I hadn't seen in almost two years, and meeting each other's second-born child
5. A fun 2-year old birthday party
6. Burning off energy in a bounce house (the kids, not me)
7. Much-needed rain
8. Catching up with a friend from church
9. Dinner with friends who are moving soon (side note: nearly all of our friends are moving this summer...wah!)
10. A first, very successful dentist visit for Sydney
11. A major shopping trip to Walmart sans kiddos (I know I mention this often, but I really am super thankful every time I'm able to do this!)
12. A new Ben and Jerry's flavor: Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
13. A 10:30 a.m. doctor appointment for Lorelei (verdict: ear infection); I recently switched her from the Air Force hospital to the health clinic on our base...and we were home by 11:05 a.m.!!!!!  No more three-hour allotments of time for doctor appointments!
14. Chet being able to leave work earlier than usual three times this week so that I could attend various events
15. An interesting (good interesting) Ombudsman training session
16. Amoxicillan working its magic
17. Lorelei turning 18-months old!
18. Sydney conversing with the librarians
19. A morning stroller walk to the further-away playground
20. An afternoon bike ride (we only made it to the end of the street though, because I got caught up in conversation with end-of-the-street neighbors...also a blessing!)
21. Sydney quote: "I'm happy when I go to dance class!"

2 comments:

Jordy Liz said...

Now that I have a baby, I so appreciate #11!

Chet and Ashley said...

Yes! And there will be periods when they're pretty easy to shop with...and periods where you'll opt for a 4 a.m. trip to Walmart just to avoid taking them with you, ha!