Monday, April 1, 2013

He is Risen!

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!  We had a lovely service at church, where our pastor reminded us how great it is that we set aside a day every year to remember and give thanks for the Resurrection, but that we are free to celebrate the Resurrection every day!

Excuse the high-quality indoor iPhone pictures that I used to take pictures of the girls' dresses.  Chet and I were not photographed, but take my word for it that we all looked quite snazzy.  ;-)

Sydney wore my old dress:



On the way to church, Sydney said, "I have a hole in my tights."  I told her not to touch it, and I forgot about it until we arrived and there was a HUGE hole in the left leg of her tights, impossible to hide.  Keep in mind, Sydney has been wearing tights nearly every single Tuesday from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. since July (for dance class).  That's nine months of wearing the same pair of tights every week, and they don't even have a hint of a snag, but she managed to create a giant hole in a brand new pair.  I don't know why I'm surprised; she deserves a medal for the dance tights lasting so long!

Needless to say, we ditched the tights right before walking into church:
 
 
After church we headed home to change clothes...

...and had a little egg hunt in the backyard.
 
Chet explained the rules of the hunt (Lorelei was enthralled with the basket):
 
I took a million egg hunt pictures, so bear with me (gotta keep the grandparents happy):


 









Syd guarding her eggs:

 
We gave them their Easter baskets after that (which I did not get a picture of beforehand...oops).
 
Hello Kitty slippers:

See Lor's Easter basket?  Chet's dad made it.  Actually, the one is this picture was Chet's basket growing up (his dad recently painted over the blue ears to make it a more girly purple).  Sydney's basket is the same, but with pink ears.

"Peter Pan" and bubbles:

Chocolate:

Syd likes opening cards these days:
 
Next was nap time, and then we went to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt hosted by one of our very generous neighbors.  I hope y'all had a great day!

No comments: