Saturday, April 13, 2013

Back Again

I had to take another blogging break.  My other grandmother, Granny Burrous, my dad's mom, passed away Thursday, April 4th.  Her health had been up and down for quite a while, and we are thankful she is finally at peace.  She turned 88-years old March 1st.

The girls and I headed to TX Friday (Chet couldn't accompany us this time, due to work), and even though I don't love the reason for our trip, it was so nice to see aunts, uncles, and cousins I hadn't seen in too, too long.  Most of my dad's side of the family hadn't seen Sydney since Christmas 2010, and I'm not sure anyone had met Lorelei yet...

I will post pictures from our trip another day (hopefully later today, or tomorrow), but here is one of the best pictures I have with Granny Burrous.  This was taken at my wedding shower in May 2006.
L to R: Mom Wyckoff, Granny Burrous, Me, P-ma, Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect picture with ALL the moms. This is a keeper. Good to see you and the girls. Too much time has passed between all the cousins.Glad you made it safely. So sad the girls don't know us better.I would spoil them so much. They are precious.

Love from Texas,
Aunt Sheila

Chet and Ashley said...

Thank you, Aunt Sheila! I also wish we lived closer so we could visit more often -- the girls would love to be spoiled by you, ha!