Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Special Birthday and a Day in the Life

First of all, a very happy birthday to Chet's Grandma (who goes by "Lolo" ever since her great-grandchildren started coming along)!  This is a "milestone" birthday for her, such as when one turns 21, 40, or 65.  It is not my place to reveal her age--all you need to know is that she is a smart, fun, active, and tech-savvy lady, and I am honored to be a part of her family.  Happy birthday, Lolo!

I cannot believe it's been 15 days since I last blogged.  What have we been up to?  The short answer:

1. Sydney attended a week of Vacation Bible School
2. My dad came to visit for a week (so fun, and such a breath of fresh air for me!)
3. Chet and I celebrated our 8th anniversary (July 22nd)

I'm also still reading a lot, and have specifically been making a concerted effort to read 50 pages a day of War and Remembrance so that I can finish it some time this decade.  (50 pages may not sound like much, but the pages of this book are extra big and the type is extra small.  And there are 1,056 pages.  And this book requires a decent amount of concentration.  So, yeah.  Yikes.)

I don't have much else to say, but I'll leave you with a few pictures from our day today.
"Look, Mommy!  Bubby's getting married!"

"Feeding" her baby (not sure why she looks so scared)

Why wouldn't she wear a hood while eating breakfast (in the summer)?

Doctor glasses...and six ponytails

No comments: