Saturday, October 25, 2014

Finally Back

15 days is long enough without blogging -- I'm ready to start posting regularly again (have I ever actually posted regularly, or is my blog comprised of spurts?), and the time to start is now!  Also, I really want to do the daily thankful posts this November, so I need to get back in the habit.

Because I don't like deleting anything that I actually take the time to write, here's a post I started four days ago:

It's already been 11 days since my last post?!  11 DAYS?!  I'm going to go out on a limb and blame Chet for my spotty blogging -- he takes his professional engineer (PE) exam this Friday, and his books and binders are often spread out on the desk, making it difficult for me to...reach the wireless keyboard?  Who am I kidding.  It's none of Chet's fault and all of mine that there haven't been any blog posts.  But by saying that, I was able to covertly update you on his upcoming test.  He actually flies to Miami tomorrow (he is getting certified in the state of FL, so he has to physically take the test in FL), the test is Friday, and he flies home Saturday.  My dad is headed into town today to help me tame the crazy while Chet is gone.  Say a prayer for Chet if you get a minute -- he is ready to have the test behind him!

Ok, back to real time.  Chet's test IS behind him!  He took the test yesterday (8 hours of testing), and flew back home this morning.  More specifically, his plane landed in D.C. before 9 a.m. today, so I'll let you go ahead and do the math and guess what time he had to wake up in order to get to the airport on time.

Chet is currently singing a made-up tune about how inconvenient it is for me to be blogging right now (Ford fussing, Lorelei rearranging the house, Sydney running the streets, and dinner preparations in full swing), but I'm afraid if I don't blog now I'll never blog again (not really).

Anyway, there is a huge weight lifted from our household right now.  Preparing for that test was no joke, and even though he won't have the results for a couple of months, it is SO NICE to have it done.    I feel so burden-less that I don't even know what to do with myself.

Papa John is still in town (I'm SO glad he was here while Chet was gone), which means that we are eating delicious dinners and not having to wash a single dish.  Whenever he leaves I always end up staring at my first full sink of dirty dishes as if I've completely forgotten how to deal with them.

Okay, I really can't concentrate.  Lorelei has stuffed herself and all of her toys into Chet's empty suitcase, and the smell of dinner is making my stomach growl (country ribs, corn on the cob, spinach salad, and garlic bread).

Here are a couple of pictures to tide you over:
Lorelei on the scooter she got for her birthday.

Papa John and Bubby.

Syd at dance this past Friday.

No comments: