Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Gymnastics

Today Lorelei started her first organized activity: gymnastics!  I think she has great balance (although she seems to constantly trip and fall, hmm...) and is built like a gymnast -- at least more so than Sydney ;-)  (In case you read this some day and feel offended, Syd, you are built like a beautiful ballerina, and Lorelei is not.  Does that make you feel better?)

Back in May when Sydney completed her gymnastics session, I said that she would not do gymnastics again, unless perhaps she begged me once she was older.  However...here we are, and both girls are signed up.  This is because the class is for 3-4 year olds, and this is the only session where they both qualify age-wise.  Instead of only enrolling Lorelei and creating a situation where I had to entertain a complaining Sydney ("I want to do gymnastics too!"), I enrolled them both.  Bubby and I both appreciate the peace, and I am already mentally preparing myself and storing up patience for when the new year rolls around and Lorelei is the only gymnast (since Syd has dance all to herself, she's just going to have to learn to deal).

Anyway, Lorelei did great, and here are some pictures (we cannot watch, so I have no action shots):

Eating sandwiches before class while staring longingly at the adjoining playground.

Saying, "Gymnastics!" and clapping. The gym is behind them.

And Bubby, for good measure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pics!
xo
Aunt Shannon