Friday, November 21, 2014

8 Days of Thankfulness

Goodness gracious this month is getting away from me!  This YEAR!  Here's what we've been up to and what I've been thankful for this past week:

Friday, November 14th: Since I've already been thankful for Sydney and Ford, today I am thankful for Lorelei!  She's at such a funny age, and I have a whole list of funny things she's said that I will post eventually.  Here are a couple of her more recent lines:

At the dinner table, Sydney was acting silly, so Chet sent her to her room.
Chet: Sydney, go to you're room.  You have to behave at the dinner table.
Lorelei: I'm being have, Daddy!

Lorelei has recently learned the term, "hurt my feelings."
Lorelei, preparing to get out of the car and go into a store on a very cold day: Mommy, do I have to wear my hat?
Me: No, you don't have to wear your hat, but you have to put your hood over your head.
Lorelei: Okay.  I don't want to wear my hat, because it my hurt my feeling.  (She never says "feelings,"  just "feeling.")

Saturday, November 15th: I'm super thankful we live so close to Annapolis, and have the ability to attend Navy football games, which we did last Saturday.  Chet bought lawn seats for the 3:30 p.m. game, so we headed for Annapolis at 1:00 p.m.  The kids napped in the car during the 45-minute drive over, and we were able to find a good parking spot in one of the neighborhoods close to the stadium.  Some people that Chet works with tailgate before each home game, so we found them and had a delicious hamburger before going into the stadium.  Let me pause here and say that last Saturday was COLD.  And as soon as the sun went down?  Frigid.  But we forged ahead, and met up with our good friends from Jacksonville (they have a daughter Sydney's age and a little boy that is just about to turn two), and had a grand time.  We stayed until the halftime show was over, then headed home.  Sydney and Lorelei would have liked to stay, but Ford's face and hands were freezing, and although he wasn't complaining, he kept looking up at me, his eyes asking me, "Why am I so cold, Mommy?"  So, home we went.







Sunday, November 16th: Sunday I was thankful for technology, specifically that I can whip out my phone and take a video and instantly share it with family members who live hundreds of miles away.  To be more specific, Sydney is in the children's choir at church, and they preformed last Sunday (at both services).  Since grandparents couldn't be there to watch, I took a video and texted it to them.  Thank you, technology.

(Syd's in the middle-ish, with the big white bow and the pink dress.)

(Syd loves a good hand motion.)

Monday, November 17th: I'm thankful for the gym that I belong to.  I waited until late summer (after moving here in March) to decide to finally join a gym (I needed to make sure that I would have/make time in my schedule to actually go), and I love the one I chose.  The crowd is mostly older during the times I go, but everyone is so nice, and I love the instructors of the classes that I take (taking classes at the gym is new for me; very efficient too).  I also love the woman who runs the gym daycare.

Tuesday, November 18th: I'm thankful that Sydney and Lorelei have the opportunity to take a gymnastics class, and that they love it.  The girls get out of school at 12:30, and I already have a lunch packed and their gymnastics clothes in the car.  We drive straight to gymnastics, where we change and eat lunch.  The class starts at 1:30 (ends at 2:30).  This past Tuesday it was super cold, so we couldn't eat lunch outside or play on the playground beforehand, so we ate in the little room where the parents wait during the class.


It's not exhausting at all to keep Bubby entertained during the class (sarcasm alert).

Wednesday, November 19th: Every Wednesday evening there is a dinner at our church (Wednesday evenings, after dinner, is when Sydney goes to choir practice).  It is SO NICE to have a break in the middle of the week from cooking dinner and cleaning up the kitchen.  The food is always delicious, and I love getting to chat with friends and meet new people each week.

Thursday, November 20th: I am thankful for smart, faithful women who use their gifts to create/write Bible studies for other women.  We started Priscilla Shirer's Breathe study a couple of weeks ago, and it's amazing.  Just what I need, especially during the upcoming and always busy Christmas season.

Friday, November 21st: Today I'm thankful for Syd's and L's little preschool.  This morning Chet is accompanying the girls for the annual Daddy Breakfast.  After that, they will watch a short dramatization of the book Stone Soup, and next Monday and Tuesday, the children will actually make and eat "stone soup" (Sydney's class is providing green beans; Lorelei's class celery).  How cute is that?

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubby looks like he enjoyed the football game....who won?
The girls look like serious gymnasts!

Chet and Ashley said...

Navy won! And, yes, they are very serious ;-)