Tuesday, January 20, 2015

'Tis the Season...

...for the sickies. And I really don't even like that non-word (just like I don't like the words "snuggle" or "preggo"--which is actually another non-word), but "the sickies" have invaded our home this past weekend, and I'm not yet convinced they're gone.

I'll spare you the details, but I'll just say that four of us have experienced GI issues in one way or another starting with Ford in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. He was pretty much over it by late morning on Saturday (a 6-hour bug!), but then Sydney and I were sick all day Monday (I laid in bed 90% of the day, and by late afternoon my body was ACHING from inactivity). Thankfully Chet was off work Monday, and kept the household humming while I let my muscles atrophy in bed. I'm sure he was looking forward to getting the heck out of here and back to work, but the sickness ("sickies") hit him early this morning, and he's been out of it all day (he even stayed home from work--RARE!). Sydney and I were both fine by this morning, so I was able to take over running things. So far Lorelei has been spared, but Chet and I have a $1,000,000 bet going that she starts puking any minute (I think she will, Chet things she won't--I hope he's right!).

Since no post is complete without pictures, here is the hopefully-not-sick little girl helping me fold clothes just a little while ago:
Hmm, she doesn't look sick...

Check out that pile she folded a little more closely:

Anyway, I suppose this post was to let you know we're still alive and (semi) well. My friend Casey called me out for not posting, and since I love to e-stalk as much as she does, I though I'd write something that will hopefully entertain you for at least five minutes.

Happy...Tuesday? I have no idea what day it is...

No comments: