Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday!

Well, hello there!

Obviously, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, but first I'm going to say happy (belated) first birthday to our baby boy! I can't believe he turned a year old yesterday--time really does fly.
We think Ford is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can't imagine our family without him, and I feel like I've known him my whole life (I felt the same way the day he was born).

Happy 1st birthday, Bubby!

I will do my best to catch you up on our Christmas break, but I may grant myself the grace to move forward without posting perfectly crafted blog posts, because life just doesn't slow down.

I will say I'm tired of all the bleeding though. By that I mean, as you can probably see in the picture above, Ford has a war wound over his right eye, which he acquired mere hours before we had to catch a train to Florida. The ER folks glued him back together. While in West Palm Beach, I incurred a puncture wound when I dropped a pair of kitchen shears on my ankle. I bled like a stuck pig for about a minute, then it stopped, only to reveal the tiniest puncture wound you ever did (or didn't) see. I was sore the next day, but, thankfully, no glue or stitches. Yesterday Sydney bit her lip in a sliding accident (we're still trying to get the full story) that had her bleeding quite profusely too. Chet thinks one of her top teeth might be loose, but the jury's still out on that one. No glue or stitches for her either.

School started back yesterday, but we're all staying home today due to this:

Happy snow day! Chaos ensues here--gotta go!

No comments: